TWP Stain Reviews, Articles, How-To Tips
TWP 1500 is the only registered wood preservative on the market by EPA
The TWP stain is a special blend of wood stain that protects and beautifies the natural beauty of exterior wood. TWP stands for Total Wood Protection. TWP stains penetrate deep to enhance the wood’s natural grain and to lock out moisture. TWP wood stain is the only EPA registered wood preservative on the market today.
Protecting your exterior wood surfaces from harsh elements is the key to enhanced appearance and increased lifespan. Unprotected wood will rot, decay, and discolor quickly from moisture and harmful UV rays. To protect your wood surfaces from Mother Nature, the wood must first be cleaned and prepped prior to applying a wood preservative.
The Gemini Restore Kit is a powerful deck cleaner and brightener system. The 2-part restoration system is Eco-Friendly and 100% biodegradable. It is a concentrated powder formula that preps wood surfaces prior to staining or sealing. This easy to use system is perfect for the do-it-yourself homeowner looking to increase the appearance and protection of most any exterior wood surface.
To prep a wood surface using the Gemini Restore Kit use these easy to follow step-by-step instructions.
- Air temperatures should be between 45-90 degrees Fahrenheit. Be sure to move all furnishings, potted plants, and outdoor décor from the immediate work area.
- Cover and protect landscaping, plants, shrubbery, windows, doors, etc. or pre-wet with clean water.
- Follow the Gemini Restore Kit instructions for mixing the Wood Cleaner (step 1) in a clean 5-gallon bucket until all the solid crystals are dissolved thoroughly.
- Lightly moisten the wood with clean water. Use a pump sprayer or scrub brush to apply the Gemini Wood Cleaner. Allow the cleaner to soak on the surface for 5-15 minutes. Make sure the wood remains moist by misting it with clean water.
- Scrub with a brush or use a pressure washer to remove graying, dirt, and grime from the wood surface. Be cautious not to use extreme pressure.
- Once the wood surface has been washed, rinse the surface along with the surrounding landscaping, windows, house siding, etc.
- Mix the Gemini Restore Wood Brightener (step 2) according to the instructions. Apply to a still wet wood surface using a pump sprayer and let soak for 10 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with fresh water.
The clean and prepped wood surface should be allowed to air dry for 1-2 days prior to deck stain or sealer application. Gemini Restore Kit is best for gray and weathered wood surfaces and may not be best for removing old deck stains or sealers.
Ask Questions in Comment Area Below
Applying TWP (Total Wood Preservative) deck stain is something that most deck owners can do themselves. Using TWP wood stain will ensure a lasting finish on decks and many other exterior wood surfaces. TWP stain protects against moisture, preserves natural wood color, prevents mold/mildew, is easy to apply, and is the only EPA registered wood preservative.
Prior to applying any TWP wood preservative product, the wood surface should be cleaned thoroughly. Weather must be taken into consideration when staining a deck or other exterior wood surface. Follow these weather tips for TWP application: