RAD Paint & Solid Stain Stripper 5 Gallon
RAD™ PAINTSTRIP PAINT & SOLID STAIN STRIPPING GEL 5-GALLON
R-A-D™ PaintStrip is the right choice for almost any paint or solid coating stripping project. R-A-D™ PaintStrip is eco-friendly, works fast (starts working within 5 minutes), and removes up to 5 layers of most paints in 30-45 minutes, and up to 15 layers in 24 hours.
R-A-D™ PaintStrip stays wet for 24+ hours, allowing you to strip larger areas without having to reapply.
When & Where to use RAD™ PaintStrip
R-A-D™ PaintStrip does not contain any hazardous methylene chloride or NMP. R-A-D™ PaintStrip is non-flammable, non-combustible, and practically odor free. R-A-D™ PaintStrip can be used on interior and exterior surfaces including wood, brick, concrete, plaster, stone, metal, fiberglass, and more. Additionally, R-A-D™ PaintStrip clings well to vertical surfaces.
Note: R-A-D™ PaintStrip is not needed to remove penetrating exterior deck and wood stains that are Transparent, Semi-Transparent, or Semi-Solid in appearance. To remove these deck and wood stain types, use the Restore-A-Deck Stain Stripper.
R-A-D™ PaintStrip Removes
- Solid Color Wood Stains, Paints, Varnishes
- Excessively Over-Applied Semi-Transparent and Semi-Solid Coatings
- Filming Acrylic Wood Stain Coatings such as Behr Wood Stains, Thompsons, Olympic, SuperDeck, Benjamin Moore ArborCoat, Valspar, PPG/Pittsburgh, and any other exterior wood and deck stains
DO NOT use on drywall, rubber, plastic, or vinyl.
R-A-D™ PaintStrip ADVANTAGES
- PROFESSlONAL STRENGTH Fast-Acting Paint Stripping Gel
- Removes up to 15 layers of latex and oil paints, varnish, stains, lacquers, and more in a single application
- Multi-Surface: Works on vertical and horizontal surfaces including wood, metal, masonry, and many more
- Stays Wet for 24+ Hours for Difficult Stripping Projects
- No Need to Neutralize with Restore-A-Deck Wood Brightener
- Non-Flammable & No Harsh Fumes
- No Methylene Chloride or NMP
- Safe to use on all exterior wood surfaces, not just decks
Coverage: 100 sq. feet per gallon
Before general use, test on a small area to determine compatibility, required dwell time, and coverage
for desired results. For an estimated 5 or less coats, scrape a section of the area with a stripping tool
after one hour of dwell time. If not easily down to wood after one hour, leave on longer and test again
hourly. For 10 – 15 coats of paint, cover with plastic and wait 24 hours to test. For best results, cover the
stripper with plastic and do not allow to dry.
- Shake well before use. Protect all areas not being stripped with plastic sheeting. Rubber gloves
and safety glasses are recommended for eye and skin protection.
- Pour into a container and apply with a brush, roller, or airless sprayer. Apply liberally - the
stripper should cover the color of the stain. For best results and extended dwell times, cover
stripper with plastic. Do not let stripper dry out, mist with water if you notice any dry areas.
Refer to test area on dwell time before stripping. Test stripping a small area to ensure you are
down to the substrate. If not, leave R-A-D™ PaintStrip on and let it do its job. R-A-D™ PaintStrip
may or may not bubble. This will depend on the type of paint or sealer being removed. One
gallon covers approximately 50-100 sq. ft. Best results are achieved when R-A-D PaintStrip is
applied at temperatures between 60F and 80F.
- For best results, agitate with a stiff bristle brush and then remove by either scraping or pressure
washing. Always pressure wash at an angle so that the water jet acts as a chisel.
- Let surface dry completely before refinishing. Clean all tools with soap and water.
- Dispose of paint or sealer waste in accordance with local, State, and Federal regulations.
R-A-D™ PaintStrip covers approximately 50-100 square feet per gallon of product. Coverage will vary on application method and substrate.
SAFETY CAUTION: See Full R-A-D™ PaintStrip SDS
Contains benzyl alcohol, monoethanolamine and surfactants. Prevent eye contact. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. Wear safety goggles and gloves during use. Wash
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review. Log in
You are guest ( Sign Up ? )
or post as a guest
Be the first to comment.