We will reply to your comment shortly· 05/29/2023When prepping for staining, you need this kit: https://www.twpstain.com/gemini-s-restore-a-deck-cleaner-and-brightener-kit
RAD Guard Mildew Cleaner & Preventer 1 Gallon
R-A-D™ GUARD MILDEW & ALGAE CLEANER & PREVENTER
R-A-D™ Guard RTU (Ready-To-Use formula) is a no-rinse cleaner and preventative that is safe and effective for removing and preventing stains caused by mold, mildew, and algae on exterior surfaces and exterior wood or deck stain coatings. R-A-D™ Guard cleans without pressure washing, scrubbing, or rinsing. Contains no bleach, chlorine, acid, sodium hydroxide, or phosphates.
Designed Especially For Exterior Wood and Decks
Keeps cleaning long after application, keeping your wood stains looking better longer. 1-2 years of mildew and algae prevention.
Note: R-A-D™ Guard RTU is not used for prepping wood for wood stain application. The primary goal is to remove mildew or algae stains and prevent mildew and algae stains from returning.
When & Where to use R-A-D™ Guard
R-A-D™ Guard is best used to remove mildew and algae stains that have accumulated over or on top of any exterior surface. The advanced properties of R-A-D™ Guard can also be applied after an application of an exterior wood stain to prevent the growth of mildew or algae for 1-2 years.
R-A-D™ Guard ADVANTAGES
- Can Be Applied Over Existing Paints, Stains & Sealers
- Will not harm Existing Paints, Stains, or Sealers
- Use on Exterior Wood and Composite Decking
- Use on Brick Paver Patios and Walkways
- Use on Concrete Driveways, Patios, and Walkways
- Stucco, Vinyl, and Wood Siding
- Asphalt and Tile Roofs
- Eco-Safe and Pet-Friendly Formula
- Removes Stains Caused by Mold and Mildew
- Safe to use on all exterior wood surfaces, not just decks
How R-A-D™ Guard Works:
Step 1: Spray surrounding landscaping with water
Step 2: Pour R-A-D™ Guard into pump sprayer
Step 3: Saturate areas to be applied with R-A-D™ Guard. Surfaces that R-A-D™ Guard is being applied to must be fully dry before application. All paints and stains must be fully dried and cured before the application of R-A-D™ Guard.
Step 4: Once finished applying to all areas of surface, repeat Step 1
Step 5: Step back and let Mother Nature work with R-A-D™ Guard to clean for you
Step 6: R-A-D™ Guard continues to deep clean with substrate penetration
Maintenance: Repeat application every 12-24 months or until new stains appear
Coverage: 200 sq. feet per Gallon.
Directions and Technical Info
R-A-D™ Guard RTU (Ready-To-Use)
1) Fill R-A-D™ Guard RTU in any garden pump sprayer, skid sprayer, or your own custom sprayer with tank. Do not mix with water. This is a ready to use formula.
2) Thoroughly wet all perimeter landscaping with water immediately before and after the application. DO NOT LET PRODUCT DRY ON LANDSCAPING. DO NOT RINSE TREATED SURFACE WITH WATER. Avoid contact with eyes.
3) Apply a thorough coat of product to all affected areas (areas must be dry) at least 12 hours prior to any rainfall or snow. Roof Stains will continue to disappear with subsequent rainfall over the next 3-9 months, Green Algae stains in 1-7 days, and Black mildew stains on non-roof surfaces in 3-12 weeks. Stains may appear darker immediately after application, which is a positive sign that the product is working correctly. A second application may be necessary for extremely effected areas but only after the 3-9 month dwell time. When applying product, avoid windows as this can leave a streaky appearance. If accidentally applied to a window, simply rinse window with water until product is removed.
Apply product when temperature is above 45-degree Fahrenheit outside.
Carefully read all cautions and directions on the product label and R-A-D™ Guard SDS prior to use.
R-A-D™ Guard covers approximately 200 square feet per gallon of product. Coverage will vary on application method and substrate.
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review. Log in
You are guest ( Sign Up ? )
or post as a guest
We will reply to your comment shortly· 05/29/2023I have a composite deck and a wood frame. The frame was never stained. Can I use this to get the mold off and than paint or stain the wood?