I have a deck that I treated with TWP 1501 Cedartone 6 years ago. The deck is now in need of treatment because rain will no longer bead up on it. I do plan to use the Restore a Deck both cleaner and brightener. My other questions are:
1) do I have to power wash, or can I just apply the cleaner with a 5 gallon hand pump sprayer, then rinse with a garden hose? Then repeat with brightener in hand pump sprayer, and rinse with hose?
2) I have a lot of leftover TWP from 6 years ago. The can was opened, but has now remained sealed and in the basement (climate controlled) can I use this old can?
3) a black mold problem. only a patch about 2 feet by 3 feet where it stays shaded almost all the time. Can I treat this with bleach, (before using the Restore a deck cleaner) and would the use of bleach in just one area make it look different from the rest of the deck?
Thank you in advance for your help.
We will reply to your comment shortly· 09/07/20191. Pressure wash while using the kit.
2. Most likely it has gone bad if it was opened.
3. No need to use the bleach. Use the prep kit and it will come off.